Portable coolers are definitely not meant to be used only during summer; anyone who’s into outdoors adventures, long picnics, and fresh snacks will love the YETI Hopper Flip soft portable cooler.
YETI is one hell of a brand with great quality products and designs which are guaranteed to satisfy everyone. Even better than that, YETI is known for making indestructible coolers that are meant to stand head to head with whatever nature brings on.
In this review, we’ll take a closer look at this soft warrior cooler that can be everyone’s partner on all different journeys.
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
The Hopper Flip comes in 3 different sizes:
1- The Hopper Flip 8:
- On the OUTSIDE: 8” wide, 10. 5” high and 11.5” long.
- On the INSIDE: 6.25” wide, 7.5” high and 9.75” long.
The number 8 refers to how many cans the cooler can take, or you can put 10 pounds of ice instead.
2- The Hopper Flip 12:
- On the OUTSIDE it is 10” wide, 11.5” high and 12.6” long.
- On the INSIDE it is 8” wide, 9” high and 11” long.
The Hopper Flip 12 can store 13 cans. You can also fit 16 pounds of ice can into this cooler.
3- The Hopper Flip 18:
- On the OUTSIDE: 10.75” wide 13” high and 16.25” long.
- On the INSIDE: 8.5” wide, 10.25” high and 14.25” long,
The Hopper Flip 18 can carry 20 cans. You can also fit 24 pounds of ice in it.
Everyone can choose the size that’s going to serve them right concerning storage ability and weight.
- The 3 YETI Hopper Flip coolers’ sizes we talked about come in 2 colors; fog gray/tahoe blue and field tan/blaze orange.
- Now the first thing we come to notice is the large zipper. According to YETI; it’s “the toughest, highest-performing waterproof and leak-proof cooler zipper in the world.”
- This very same zipper allows an easy access and visibility to whatever is in the cooler thanks to its wide-mouth opening.
- Next, and as part of the design, you’ll notice the Hitchpoint™ grids which will allow you to easily attach pretty much anything, including some YETI’s accessories if available.
- Also, there are some super rigid carry handles on all of these coolers. The Flip 8 cooler is featured with 2 handles; one on the lid’s top, and the other between the Hitchpoint grids.
- The Flip 12 cooler is featured with 3 handles; 2 of which are on the sides, and the third is on the lid. Now because the the Flip 18 is larger, you’ll find 4 carry handles; 2 on the sides as well, 1 on the lid, and the last one is fixed between the grids.
- Moreover, looking at the pictures; you can notice the perfect shoulder strap; its “tacky” finish on the bottom makes sure it doesn’t fall off your shoulder even while moving. It’s also adjustable to suit all different users.
- Getting done with how these coolers look, we now need to know what they are made of. The Hopper Flip soft cooler is built using DRYHIDE SHELL technology with rugged and water-proof high-density fabric that’s resistant to mildew, punctures, and UV rays. This is a soft cooler that’s meant for all kinds of adventures, as it also serves its ultimate purpose.
YETI is one brand that challenges itself to produce coolers that are up to their promised mission.
Using the COLDCELL™ INSULATION technology, the Hopper Flip coolers are expected to keep anything that goes inside of it as cool as it was. The Closed-cell rubber foam offers high cold-holding that would last most of the day.
As for the inside of the cooler, the liner is made of an FDA-approved food-grade material for safe a healthy storage.
Who is it for?
This is an outdoor cooler; anyone who’s going to spend a day out in the wild climbing a mountain, riding some waves, or fishing can opt for this soft cooler.
Not only that, a family can use one of these coolers to pack for a picnic, or it can personally used to pack one’s own lunch and snacks to work. It all depends on how and where you want to use it.
To improve any soft cooler’s performance, one can try to put it in the freezer/fridge, or put a frozen water bottle in it overnight. Also, one should always make sure he/she keeps the cooler away from the sun and never be put on hot surfaces.
There are different reasons why would anyone go for a soft cooler instead of a hard one and the first two reasons are how light and unbreakable they are. It’s a good investment especially for someone who is always on the go.
A final thought concerning the YETI Hopper Flip is that this is a cooler that’ll do just great in all different environments, and even though it’s made to take some beating, being friendly and careful will only prolong your cooler’s life and it keeps its good performance going.